Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I thought I'd take a break from the National Scrapbook Day madness and make a post for Mother's Day!

My mother has to be the most important part of my Grotto! She is always there with me, giving me her perspective and keeping me company. It's so hard to make things for her because she's always by my side cheering me on, like she has my whole life. I owe everything to her from my life, to my happiness and also my strength. I love you very much Mama and I hope you have a wonderful day!




My Mama's favorite color is blue, but I was feeling very pink and floral when making my cards so luckily I found a patterned paper in my stash that was both!
The sentiment is from Wrap It Up and I used a border punch and Stickles to jazz is up!
One thing my Mama doesn't like is to be called Mother, so for her banner I put only MOM!
The banner pieces are from Straight From The Nest cut at 5 1/2"
I embossed the pink layer with the D'vine Swirl Cuttlebug folder.
The letters are from Country Life cut out at 1 1/2"
I used light pink and blue 5/8" satin ribbon for the strings and little knots .
I love you Mama!





I also made a card for my sweetheart's mom.
She loves dragonflies so here's what I came up with for her...
The cute little dragonfly is cut at 3" from Doodlecharms.
Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl and Stickle really make him pop!
I used Pink 1/4" ribbon to make my sentiment stand out.
I don't remember where I got the stamp I used from but it's pretty!
Hope you like 'em!
Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mothers out there!

1 comment: