Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Graduation!!!!

 
This year I had the honor of making Graduation announcements for 3 local graduates!! It was my first year doing them and I absolutely loved it!!



My first Grad was a friend of my sweethearts, Caleb. He went to my old High School, the home of the mighty BULLDOGS!
He left all creative control in my hands, so here is what I came up with.
The card is A2 size.
The "Class of" is cut from Wild Card at a Real Dial size of 1 1/2".
The year is embossed in white Zing powder, with an alphabet set from Hobby Lobby.
The background layer is embossed in the Seeing Spots Cuttlebug folder.
The Diploma is from the Happy Graduation Cartridge cut at 4"
On the left of the inside I mounted his senior pics with some clear photo corners. Below that are his name cards I had printed up. At the same print shop I had the piece to the right printed up with all his info and the school logo in the background.
 



My second graduate of the season was a friend of a friend named Jessenia. She graduated from County High School and their mascot is the Hornet!

When she came for a consultation I showed her some samples and this is what we came up with.
A2 size of course. The background paper was a pearl gold embossed with D'vine Swirl.
The year is embossed with green metallic Zing powder and the same stamp set as the first card.
The hat is from Lockertalk and is cut at 3"
The satin ribbon is 3/8" from Joanns.
When I started this project there wasnt a hornet on any of the cartridges I owned, but then Provocraft released Everyday Pop-Up Cards! Here was the perfect mascot so I stuck him on the inside top flap. It says bee, but he looks like a hornet to me. 
For the wording I used a little saying that was in my announcements. She didn't want name cards so I incorporated her name is the words.
She also ordered some party invites to insert in them!



My third graduate who was referred to me kinda late and was hoping for anything since it was too late in the season. I was happy to take on the challenge!

For Kaycie's she also gave me creative control and trusted me completely. Which is a great feeling!
For hers I used the same design as Jessenia's only Kaycie's is embossed with the Victoria Cuttlebug folder.


Since I didn't have time to emboss all the numbers indiviually for the year, I used my Gypsy to weld together numbers from the Baby Steps Cartridge. This hat is also from Lockertalk cut at 3"

I used the same wording inside that I used on Jessenias also. I used a different font so it matched the outside a little better. 
Here they are in their packaging! All my Graduates ordered fifty announcements each! I used photo boxes to deliver them in with their name in the front. I also used labels I had made for my Grotto on the lid. I provided the envelopes and sealed them with a business card.
Hope you like 'em!
CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2011!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment